|By: Jstn568, 05:34 PM GMT del 11 Aprile 2012||+0|
Seismic Monitor, showing the recent quakes off the West coast of Northern Sumatra.
At 6° or ~660 km, nearest the epicenter showing the immediate arrival of P waves.
At 90° or ~9900 km, showing the lag between the arrival of the first P wave and the arrival of first S wave.
In cases like this, where luckily no one was hurt in either the earthquake itself or a resulting tsunami, I feel comfortable in saying, this is pretty cool to see data like this with such energy!
11-APR-2012 10:43:09 (UTC)
Depth: 16.4 km
|Updated: 05:42 PM GMT del 11 Aprile 2012||Permalink | A A A|
Jstn568 doesn't have a bio yet.
- Dr. Jeff Masters' WunderBlog
- Angela Fritz's WunderBlog
- Bryan Norcross' Official Blog
- Stu Ostro's Meteorology Blog
- LRandyB's Tropical Weather Discussion
- Portlight Disaster Relief Blog
Tropical Weather Stickers®