Good Morning! At Smithville, MS, the current temperature is 73 and it feels like 73. Highs will continue to range between 76 and 92 with lows between 54 and 66. There is a 60% chance of showers today and a 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. A few storms could be strong to severe with large hail, damaging winds of 50-60mph, and isolated tornadoes. The primary threats will be heavy rain and flash flooding. Rainfall amounts of 1-3 inches are likely with isolated amounts of 3+ inches possible. At the Regional Rehab Center in Tupelo, MS, the current temperature is 69 and it feels like 69. Todays high is 78 and a low of 64 with a 60% chance of showers. Sundays high is 75 with a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms.
Now, for the tropical update. We will start off in the Eastern Pacific first. An area of disturbed weather has developed about 550 miles South-Southwest of Acapulco, Mexico. Upper-level winds appear conducive for additional development and the system could become a tropical depression during the next day or two as it moves slowly Northwestward. This system as a 40% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours. In the Atlantic, there is nothing to watch. Although, some computer models have been consistent so far on something developing in the Western Caribbean Sea toward the last part of May.
Hope yall are having a great Saturday and I'll have another post tomorrow. Continue to pray for the tornado victims and those affected by damaging weather events.