...Red flag warning remains in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 9 PM CDT this evening for sustained 20 foot winds of 20 mph or greater...relative humidity values of 15 percent or less and high fire danger for the extreme southwestern Panhandle...
* wind...southwest near 25 mph with gusts to 40 mph.
* Humidity...near 10 percent.
* Temperatures...10 degrees above normal.
* Fuels...dry to critically dry.
* Impacts...wildfires can spread rapidly in these conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast. A combination of strong winds and low relative humidity will create favorable weather for rapid fire spread and the development of significant wind-driven wildfires. Avoid activities that promote open flames and Sparks.