... Flood Warning extended until Saturday afternoon...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Mississippi River at Vicksburg
* until Saturday afternoon.
* At 12:00 PM Tuesday the stage was 44.1 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 43.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river has crested and will continue to fall slowly.
* Impact... at 44.0 feet... Ford and Kings subdivision at Pittman Road
and mary's alley begins to flood.
* Impact... at 43.0 feet... Jackson Lane in north Vicksburg begins to
* Impact... at 42.0 feet... bunge grain facility near St. Joseph
Louisiana ceases loading operations .
* Impact... at 41.0 feet... the storm water drain valves are closed at
the flood gates along the Vicksburg water front.
* Impact... at 40.0 feet... several roads in the Long Lake and Chickasaw
bayou communities are inundated.
* Impact... at 39.0 feet... begin closing first flood gate at the
* Impact... at 36.5 feet... water begins to affect the Long Lake
* Impact... at 35.0 feet... several thousand acres of farm,
agricultural, and bottom land floods. In the Yazoo backwater area
north of the city, hunting camps and forested land begin to flood.
Flood observed forecast 6am crest
location stg stg day time Wed Thu Fri crest time date
Lower Mississippi River
Vicksburg 43 44.1 Tue 12 PM 44.1 43.9 43.4 falling