...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 6 PM EST Monday...
* locations...interior portions of the lower Hudson Valley and southwestern Connecticut.
* Hazard types...heavy snow...along with sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 8 to 13 inches...along with up to a tenth of an inch of ice.
* Timing...tonight and Monday. Heavy snow late tonight into Monday morning...briefly mixing with sleet and freezing rain in the late morning...before changing back to snow in the afternoon.
* Temperatures...in the lower 20s.
* Winds...east winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20 mph in the morning. Northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph late Monday.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times late tonight through early Monday morning.
* Snowfall rates...occasionally 1 to 2 inches per hour late tonight through early Monday afternoon.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and significant snow accumulations.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.